Wednesday, June 2, 2010

a day behind...

Better late than never...ok, I was just too tired & lazy to post yesterday. I cite long 12 hour work days, physio appts, tending to sick kids & sick dogs, Hell's Kitchen and yes, still back pain. Blech.

So Happy Belated Birthday to America's Original sweetheart, Norma Jean Baker.  You are one of my very favourites.

All About Eve, Some Like It Hot, Something's Got to Give...total & utter classics. As was she.

Sure she had some problems, don't you?  But wasn't she just gorgeous in every way??!!  Her only "fault" if you will, was being linked to a (albeit one of the greats) NY Yankee ;)


Marilyn Monroe
June 1 1926 - August 5 1962

3 amazing people said...:

Miss Go Lightly said...

and don't forget that infamous Mr. President ;)

Marilyn was the epitome of the classic bombshell!

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Hello Rocketgirl! I am so happy that you are going to join in the fun again with Friday Pretties.

I ordered that fabric from www.quilthome.com They have lots and lots of designers to choose from and pretty decent prices. I also got free shipping because it was over 50.00. I don't know if that is a promo or just what they do. Some of the fabric is Heather Baily, whom I LOVE!!! But, I can't remember the rest...
Order some fun fabric and get that sewing machine out and working! It is fun to sew. :) Plus, something that you have made would be great for a future Friday Pretties.

Have fun, and I will see you on Friday!
Joyce

Rosie said...

Oh yes...Saturday for sure...The store could be a wee bit crazy as it is a furniture switch over day, but I miss ya, so come anyway.
Yup, Marlyn was quite a girl. She came from such a shelter existence and her leap to stardom was pretty quick...so sad...I sometimes wonder what she and others like her {Judy Garland} would have been like today. Great picture.
Sneak a nap if you can...Hmmm...I might too :) love Rosie

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com