Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

First off, you know how I love the particulars and the reasons "why" behind everything! Here is your next history lesson tid-bit...I will keep it brief.

Father's Day! First recognized & celebrated in 1910, started in Spokane Washington! WOOOT! That's right next door! Now, onto MY DAD!
  • His name is Barry
  • He is exactly 20 years my senior
  • A total kid at heart. HEART. OF. GOLD
  • Talks alot...ALOT
  • Used to always get mistaken for Harrison Ford
  • Top of his field, has "built" almost every highrise & skyscraper in the downtown core of Vancouver
  • Loves astronomy
  • Would bend over backwards for anyone especially his three children and his grandchildren
  • Worked his ass off, long hours when we were small so he could give us everything he never had
  • When I was a baby, he was pushing me on the swings, I let go and went flying....he feels bad to this day! HA!
  • Made it to every game,  performance and begrudgingly accepted every boy I brought home
  • Cried tears when I did as a wee kid and a teen & when I had my first child
  • Taught me to be strong & independant and always speak my mind. No matter what.
Athough sometimes it was tough love, I feel very lucky to call him my Dad.  I'm thankful it meant something to him to raise confident, happy children with values.  I thank God everyday that my children get to know him too.  He has always supported me and he even let me drive his vintage corvette! ONCE. But only once.

This is my dad on the very left....I'm not sure what year...early 60's? mid 60's? and his sisters & brother.



My Dad & his mom...



Dad...



My very proud father and my husband on our wedding day in Las Vegas 2 years ago...I love this pic!



Which leads me to my wonderful husband....who is THE GREATEST step-FATHER EVER to my two boys...who has accepted them from day one, when they were oh so very small, and loves them like his own.





And lastly to my ex-husband, who is SUCH a good Dad. 



I am so thankful that my boys will one day grow up to be fathers with all of the wonderful qualities that each of you instill in them each & every day.

All you Dads out there, the step-dads, the Grandads, Grandpas, the father-in-laws, uncles, brothers and every father figure in between, lots of love to you, I wish you a very Happy Father's Day!

5 amazing people said...:

koralee said...

Soooooo lovely!!!! Your words are wonderful today. May your day be filled with Love. xoxo

Randi said...

a truely beautiful post!

nolene said...

what an absolutely beautiful post! thanks for sharing... a total joy to read :)

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

How honoring to all three of those important men! I think that it is wonderful that you included our ex-husband. How good for your boys!

Your boys are Adorable. They look thrilled to be getting their picture taken. Ha ha - Check out my post today- it's seems to be a boy theme.

Enjoy your week!
Joyce

Rosie said...

Oh what a lovely tribute to all your boys...you my dear, are very lucky...such a great post...Happy fathers day to all those handsome men....love Rosie

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com