Monday, June 7, 2010

Weight, what's that? Is it new?

So, Rocketboy BROKE the bathroom scale. What the heck? How do you break a scale? I know what you're thinking, well he was obviously too heavy. No, it was probably just a cheap crappy scale but nonetheless he broke it and I am NOT happy.

It's ok. MCC to the rescue. Pure blissful vintage land. SO.  I find this hot pink....yes hot pink & gold to boot, scale for 3 dollars. The covering was peeling but hot damn it was cute. And I had a plan.

I peeled off that pink and gold...I wish I didn't have to as it was CHOICE!
I glued some hot pink felt to the surface of the scale, and covered it all with a clear mac-tac.

Then came the glue gun...(thank you ms.c)  O glorious glue gun, you burnt my finger, those long stringy glue bits are everywhere, wait, those actually may be blisters on my finger, but you embellished my scale in the nicest way. Gold baubles and pink rope trim.

Rocketboy says...What? I have to use that??? Yes, I said, please feel free to step on my beautiful new old retro hot pink & gold scale, if you'd like a private meeting with the hot glue gun.


Scale: 3 bucks, pink felt: 1 buck, mac-tac: 2 bucks, trim: 8 bucks. Hot pink & gold scale, wait for it...

PRICELESS! ;)

3 amazing people said...:

Bonnie said...

hahahahahaha! that is the fanciest, most tricked out scale I've ever seen! Fabulous job and well worth the glue gun mishaps! You still won't see me standing on it though... no matter how awesome it is!! :)

xoxo,
Bonnie

Becky said...

love it! well done! you are tres retro!

Rosie said...

NO, "YOU" are PRICELESS!!! What a great story...and I love the redo!...OK,get the resumé out cause this should get top billing.
Can't wait for our little cuupa...but as I just told Becky, I didn't give you directions?!*...I am so OLD and TIRED...please forgive me and call the store for my home phone...also{i am so humbled}I think we settled on Thursday @ 10:00...Yes?...I think so, but help an old girl out and drop me a note...hoping you can sit in the sun a bit today...love C

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com