Friday, June 4, 2010

Presents for me. From me.

There are a few things I love to do after my last night shift in a set...coffee, sweatpants, thrifts shops! Yeah baby!

Normally it's Ms.Cupcake and I that hit our fave thrift store, but she was working today (boooo!) and I just couldn't resist the urge! Well thank goodness! You see,  I was secretly hoping that an item she told me about last week was still there... and it was!

SHREEEEEK! LOOK! My green egg plate! It's SO freakin' gorgeous! The pic does NOT do it justice!  (A big thanks to Ms. C for her eagle eyes!)


My besters know that I have had my eyes peeled for one of these for some time! Last week, Gloria, of  Gloria's Little Cedars, who I met thru Friday Pretties, taunted me with tales of her green glass collection!  And this week she taunted me even more by Friday Pretty-ing about it!

But look! It's mine, all mine! It does have a wee tiny, not very noticeable chip that I think only adds to it's charm. And I found a darling little depression glass dish to match! I couldn't pass it up for fifty cents!

My green glass collection is really coming along! Bliss!

3 amazing people said...:

koralee said...

Green glass is pretty and your find is wonderful..lucky girl. Enjoy! Happy weekend. xoxo

Rosie said...

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S
...on your beautiful new greeny...
So sorry for not stoppin' by ...have been a bit under the weather of late, so pretty much, went into survival mode. Still not great, but much better...hoping you enjoy each and every one of your days off...love Rosie

Gloria said...

Woohoooo!!!!! :) I seriously hope I did not get you into too much trouble over this purchase..yikes! :)
I have to be honest though,,,I have never seen another green glass dish like this in any of the antique stores I have visited! So, you probably found something precious! Enjoy!!!
p.s. thank you SO much for making a comment about my blog!! I was totally surprised when I read that! How very sweet of you to mention it!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com