Sunday, June 20, 2010

Update...


Well, not really an update...sorry! The book is finished. My intent really was to check in here and there during my read...offer little bits of goodness, you know, parts of the book, what I thought...likes & dislikes.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it...every spare moment I had since I started the book was spent reading it! Hey hey now, don't judge me!  I went to work, the children are fed & clothed, the doggies bathed...ok there are laundry piles, dustings of...dust, Mr. Rocketgirl seemed confused at some of our meals this week (hey...I was READING!) but I couldn't help it. You know how you just get LOST in a book????

Secret Daughter.  A VERY easy read.  The story itself spans about 20 years.  It's more like two stories that run parallel to each other throughout the whole book.  Each story is about a different family, one that lives in California USA, and one in Mumbai India.  Both stories intertwine and I cannot tell you how. Hee hee, you will have to read the book!  There was nothing I disliked about this book...except the one thing that I thought would happen, that I wanted to happen, did not...but I guess that's the "romance" of a story...the what ifs and the sheer imagination and where it can take you...

Many parts of the book "spoke" to me if you will...and truth be told, I spent the last few chapters BAWLING!  Now I don't mean misty-eyed, or a few tears rolling silently down my face, I mean uncontrollably bawling, having to put the book down and not being able to pick it up! I'm such a softie!

Rocketgirl says "A" for Amazing!  I will keep you posted on my next book choice! Happy reading!

2 amazing people said...:

Rosie said...

Oh dearest...this is on the top of my vacation reading list...yes...you heard me right...Vacation...only 5 fun filled days and nights...but theses shall surly be jammed packed...I can barely contain my excitement. We have rented a wee cabin in the middle of nowhere, on the edge of a fine fishing lake. Just me, my dearest and the cog, in our little fishing boat....YIPPEE...
have a Wonderful Monday sweet girl...and thanks for the book selection...love Rosie

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

That sound very interesting! I will have to go out and find it! FUN! I love a really good book tht you just can't out down. I haven't read one like that in a long time.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com