Saturday, June 12, 2010

I blog. And I love it.

I always fret & worry.

WHAT is my blog about?
What is the PURPOSE of my blog?
What exactly IS a blog? 

Definition; Blog, the word, is derived from the whole term, web-log.  An online journal, diary, log-book.

I made a comment the other day how blogs are so self-serving...and yes they are, I think that's the whole point, it's not a bad thing, I think that's a good thing!  Sometimes other people enjoy them, read them & even follow them!  I think that's fantastic and I am so thankful that others do enjoy mine for I have met some wonderful people here in blog-land. (a big shout out to Brokeshopaholic & Ms Cupcake for introducing me to blogging)

But sometimes, I need to remind myself that it isn't a contest.  (Rocketgirl... it isn't a contest.)  This is MY blog,  it doesn't have to be prettier than the others or wittier than the others.  I shouldn't be out to impress people, it's my outlet, for anything I want. And yes, that is ok.  It's my journal, diary, log-book for everyday musings, chatterings, and my time to enjoy...all to myself.  I am however, lucky enough to get to catch up with all the lovely people I have met along the way! And am honoured that they come to keep tabs on me!

So I guess I answered my own questions;

Q: WHAT is my blog about?
A: ME! Anything & Everything! How amazing!

Q: What is the PURPOSE of my blog?
A: Personal fulfillment! A way to document, share, verbalize, educate, vent, create, learn & grow.

Q: What IS a blog?
A:  Pure comfort & joy.  A third space, a place to escape. A place to connect & re-connect, offer & receive support,  meet wonderful peeps with similar interests. Bliss.

THIS is me,  my blog.  Welcome!

4 amazing people said...:

Becky said...

love you n your blog friend!

Randi said...

I adore you!!!!!

Rosie said...

How did I miss this post?...as I truly needed this pep talk...I am sooo competitive, impatient, and a perfectionist. Really not a good combination...I always feel, that I MUST make a post each and every day...sort of takes the JOY out of blogging. I can't promise to change all at once, but I will try to always make posting a happy affair.
Thank you for the reality check...
...love ...Rosie

Gloria said...

This is a great post! Loved this! :) Keep up the great blogging!!!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com