Thursday, June 17, 2010

A beautiful morning...

This past week, Ms Cupcake & I went out...Our dear new kindred, Rosie, extended a lovely invitation to join her at her home for tea.

* Oh * My * God * (think Janice on Friends...)

I have NEVER been to a home like that. My absolute dream home. Just pure bliss. Her home was built in 1902. And like any home from that era, it's built with wonderful little quirks, doorways, pillars, nooks & crannies. Rosie & Mr. Rosie have restored their heritage home into the charming & elegant masterpiece it is. The gardens, the woodwork, the chandeliers...Of course she has a flair for decorating...in fact if you looked that up in the dictionary, I'm sure you'd find a picture of her.

After a wonderful tour of her home during which Ms. C & I shrieked the ENTIRE time! (see her beautiful blog post for some sneeks into her home), she treated us to tea with homemade scones and English cream, a tea party fit for a queen. We then retired to her charming living room to sit by the fire and chat. I think I speak for Ms. C when I say this: We both adore Rosie, it has been such a joy to meet her. Thank you blog-land for bringing this beautiful soul to meet us! She is a wealth of information when it comes to antiques and such and she has the gentlest soul & heart of gold....Her stories are witty & she has this infectious, never-ending energy...Thank you Rosie for a WONDERFUL morning...(offer still stands if you want to trade homes...)

Did I mention the strawberry butter??? Jealous yet? I kid.  A beautiful morning.

6 amazing people said...:

Bonnie said...

Sounds so lovely! I adore old homes and never let go of an opportunity to visit one. Mmmmmm strawberry butter, divine!! Sign me up for the next visit!! :)

xoxo,
Bonnie

Randi said...

I think I am bright green...jealous! Am I going to be
booted from Trifecta?

Becky said...

I love you miss inhaler 2010!

Dawn said...

I'm not sure if you're aware Buckshee, but you cannot be booted from the Trifecta. It's too late for that, you are stuck with us. Til the end of time.

Gloria said...

How sweet that all of you live close enough to get together for a visit and tea! :)
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, you lucky girl(s)!!! I want to see her house!!! sounds so pretty!!!

Rosie said...

Oh Dearest...You pump this Silly, Crooked, Old house up so very far....I fear she will surely P*O*P!
You are far to kind...I`m not sure if I mentioned her name...we lovingly refer to her as " THE MONEY PIT" :)

Ahhh...such very lovely girly chit chat...and many giggles...we will totally do it again when there is less MUD in the back yard.

Thank you for this lovely post...
........hugs Rosie...XOXO

So sorry I didn't see this yesterday...I was too crazy busy...I did not even put up a FRESH post...can you imagine that?

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com