Saturday, May 29, 2010

then & now...

It was my oldest son's birthday yesterday. 12. TWELVE.

I'm not really sure how exactly that happened, but it did. Growing up before my eyes & without my permission. Sigh. Ya, you know I'm going to say it...I remember it like it was yesterday...I was (and am) so fiercely proud of him! He was such a funny character, a beautiful boy & such a good baby. And now, (he happened to mention to me just the other day that he is "practically an adult now you know...") his character is amazing, his beauty is astounding (minus the skinny jeans...) and he is still a really good boy. KNOCK WOOD!

I went and grabbed him from school @ noon, his little friends all green eyed, and we went to lunch and went shopping, which was his desire for the afternoon. He very proudly made purchases like a little grown up with all his birthday money, very carefully checking his wallet every 15 seconds or so. It was so lovely...reminded me of the days before Mason came along...just Quinn & I during the day...toodling around town.

The following pics are two of my favorites. Not like I can narrow it down but...little baby Quinn is 9 months there...


I just need to survive the birthday party today...there are more 12 yr old girls attending than boys. HELP!

2 amazing people said...:

Rosie said...

oh sweet girl, it is only beginning :) soon he'll be asking if you can drive himself and his lady friend to the movies...then it's "can I borrow the car...and 20 bucks?"...and then he'll be off to college...and that is more than 20 bucks...so fast
my long lost son is home for a little landscaping party {held today}...Four of his friends came over to help,and it was just like old time...a house full of hungry boys. I did nothing but cook and clean today...my feet hurt!!!!...and this will happen all over again tomorrow...so fun...sleep well mama, and enjoy your boys tomorrow...love C

Miss Go Lightly said...

Happy Belated birthday to your little man! my little one just turned 2, and I'm already amazed at how time flies, and what a little character she is turning out to be :) I hope you had a wonderful time with Quinn!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com