Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Victoria Day

Rocketboy & I hit the Farmer's Market in little downtown Abby yesterday before heading out to the in laws place. I believe in trying to buy local if you can help it, sometimes you can't but hey, try & support the little person eh? Usually what you get is better service, better product, better quality and a real sense of community not to mention satisfaction.

So, we thought we would troll the lane for goodies for Rocket-ma-n-pa-in-law, 34th wedding anniversary you know. We ended up with a handcrafted planter, we filled it with local goodies, bbq & hot sauce made from Abbotsford peppers, cranberry honey made from some busy Abbotsford bees, some local wine , some artisan breads and the most gorgeous flowers I have ever seen. We think they loved it.


Short ferry jaunt and we are in lovely Gibsons!



My in-laws have the BEST view EVER!  Truth.





There is one thing we do well in Gibsons....EAT! My FIL is the best chef, and the seafood is never ending...good laughs,(I ADORE my inlaws) too much wine, my wonderful boys doting on their adorable cousin...


Today, I lay low. My FIL squeezed me goodbye too hard, and looking for rare sea glass with my babes @ the beach took more out of me than I expected it would. I know...whine whine whine sore back whine.  Not ready for work on Tuesday...maybe it could stay Monday for a while longer????

1 amazing people said...:

Rosie said...

Oh my, it looks like a good time was had by all...and what a beautiful place. You my dear are so very blessed to have such a great relationship with your in~laws. Mine are no longer with us, but my mother in law was one of my very best friends...I miss her...

Alright, lie low{literally} and get better...Oh, Todd Marshal is my chiropractor...he is a miracle worker...OK, just saying....
Happy Holiday Monday...love C

P.S. don't worry about the link thing, I shall ask my "wise" friend who made my site...he must hate to see my name on his call display :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com