Sunday, May 16, 2010

mama's got a brand new bag

Yeah, ok, it's true. I just whipped this little ditty of a bag together. Didn't take me long...This time when I designed my pattern, I went for simple. I can't seem to find the right way to "finish" seams etc & end up top-stitching the hell out of everything. And I have to say, I like a lined bag...this one is unlined.  Both fabrics are by Michael Miller. Take a peek;



Super cute right? Notice anything WRONG??? I cut my owl fabric out the wrong way. Super dumb mistake. Wrong Way Owl Bag. Yikes, practice makes perfect I guess.

2 amazing people said...:

Rosie said...

Totally awesome bag!!!!
{if you want to line a bag, with no raw edges...}
#1 make TWO bags "pouches" {of the same size}
#2 turn them inside out, lay them flat on the table with the mouthes touching {just a little kiss}
#3 pinch the raw edges together,and pin i/4 inch down all the way around{matching side seams}you'll end up with something that looks like a big pillow
#4 don't forget to leave about 4" open so you can turn it inside out.
#5 turn it "inside out" and press well
#6 decide where you want your straps, and stitch rip 2", tuck your strap inside...and top stitch

OK... if you can't understand these "random instructions" or you are perfectly happy, with this gorgeous bag, please just ignore these instructions.

there are also fabulous bag patterns in the back of all pattern books at the fabric store...these are quite fun {maybe stay away from vogue, as they explain things, much like I do...yikes...just have fun, these projects you are doing are really great...
love, {a very presumptuous} Rosie

Rosie said...

Oh my...New Rosie Rule...I shall not post after 11:00...these are the worst instructions I have ever seen...really sorry...If perhaps you are still interested in trying this little number, you might need a 911/411 # to fall back on. I have left a message at the store for Shelly, to give you the house # if you phone and ask her...have a lovely day and be good...love Rosie

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com