Saturday, May 15, 2010

Determination & Delights

My main goal today was to take it easy. Nothing to aggravate my back. I want to be able to go back to work on Monday. Heck, I want to be able to do anything! Pain free. The Toradol is really helping...

Rocketboy had some side jobs to do today & the boys surprised me with a request for...waaaaaaait for it....HAIRCUTS! Now those of you who know my Mason, know that his hair is really a masterpiece to behold. It's like a train wreck that you cannot look away from. But this 9 year old is FIERCELY proud of it. Anyhooo...Quinn stuck to his usual faux-hawk, Mason got a trim. He truly did. I swear. And I am ok with it...hippie.


After haircut heaven, I dropped the boys off with their papa and decided to hit any yard sale I saw along the way home, and there were many today!  Here are my fun little vintage finds: at 50 cents a piece, (LOVE little cutie pie old ladies!) I'm quite pleased with them!


This is lovely, (sorry the pics are so wee, you can click it to big it!) a beautifully cut glass plate sits atop a silver stand which could use some silver polish...it's the PERFECT piece for Rosie's candle!


This lovely little vase is the start of my green glassware collection. Don't ask me why, I am just so drawn to green glass! Holds little azalea cuttings juuuuuust right!

After yard sale patrolling, I decided to hit Hemingway's Used Books in downtown Abbotsford...looking for non other than Jane Eyre. I love this bookstore. I love how it smells all vintage-ee when you walk in. And I love how when you ask the man who runs the joint if he has a certain book, he knows JUST where it is in his store...So I got me a nice gently used copy of Jane Eyre & I will report book-club-style back to you once I get started.

My dear Ms. C. has had a longing for a certain special cookbook, and I happened to get my hands on that today too. I was so excited to find this for her (only copy in the store), that I rushed it STRAIGHT over to her house! She may have squealed. Just sayin. I'm pretty sure I already know exactly where she is going to put it!


Once Rocketboy came home, we ran the doggies, grabbed some java, did some leisurely shopping, looked at travel trailers....mmmhmmmm. Then we came home to our patio for homemade margaritas, some french bread with balsamic vinegar & evoo, and a lovely bocconcini salad with oregano from our garden!

A perfect, relaxing, pretty close to pain free day!

3 amazing people said...:

Becky said...

LOVE this post! LOVE the sweet thoughtful gift. That book is so perfect in so many ways...

I may have to attempt Beef Bourgoinon (sp). Love it!

p.s. how do you do those side by side pics???

Rosie said...

hmmm, what a lovely, lovely day you had! And I squealed at "Rosie's new home...Your fellas are "BUTTON CUTE"! They must be so fun...Good Girl for being well behaved all day! I know what a struggle that is for you...keep it taped.
Is this someone elses blog again?...Julia is that you??
I think you forgot to call me for supper...sounds TASTY.

Today the store was a "NUT HOUSE"!!!...hardly a potty break to be had...was so thankful for Bill {the cute handyman}, who came to hang the new chandeliers...he really hates to be in the store working, when there are ladies shopping...they start asking him "where is this", and "do you have a medium in this little dress?" Little does he know, he almost got recruited to be my sexy wrap~boy. pink poka dot tissue and white tulle...yup he made a hasty retreat.
Wishing you a "Pain~free" Sunday...love Rosie

Dawn said...

Someone elses blog? huh?

I was wondering how busy you were yesterday...first gorgeous day since, well forever and the laneway market was JAM PACKED! I'd love to man the store so you can pee Rosie...esp if Bill the handyman is there for me to boss around! I kid.

Or do I?????

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com