Saturday, May 8, 2010

Go Green Smoothie

Ok, this is not your ordinary average smoothie. Stick with me for a minute...you too Rosie & Ms.C!

I got this recipe from Kelly @ Think Feel Be. I actually first came upon her...totally by accident...on FB. (She is very inspirational...I think she should move out West!) She was doing a "Go Green Smoothie Challenge" Ms.C & I had recently embarked on a healthy eating journey and this was a perfect way for me to incorporate my fruits & vegetables. Not only is it filling....VERY filling, but it tastes good! I swear! Even though....it's not pretty to look at...but honestly, I have one almost everyday...

Here is what you need;

1 tbsp Chia Seeds <---read here about Chia seeds...you will be amazed!
1 banana
3 cups fresh spinach (don't run screaming...)
6 oz cold water
2 oz orange juice
I have been adding strawberries also...it's that time of year you know...

Now Blend! And Enjoy!

3 amazing people said...:

Rosie said...

Hmmm...still not running to get in line... but if you say it's good, well ...nope, still can't do it...I love my spinach in a salad with other "crunchy" stuff...
Ahhhh...have a restful healing day tomorrow... be good...love ROSIE

Rosie said...

OK, I just come for visit now, to see the "decor de jour" ... Ummmm...WOW.. why don't you do a little web design on the side?? This one is FABULOUS!!!

Oh, and by the way it happened again last night...I came to visit one lovely white floral room...must have blinked...cause it happened again...came out on a new frontier ...there was no wine involved... but this could drive a girl to drink...or to be committed...

I think this might be my favorite...

H*A*P*P*Y "M" D*A*Y

love a very confused... Rosie

Dawn said...

hahaha! what one was your favourite??? i'm sure it has been changed again since you posted your comment. BOREDOM. so glad to go to work for a bit tomorrow. and fret not...you are not crazy...i promise not to change it for a while...

Happy Mums Day!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com