Saturday, April 10, 2010

Boo-boos & Brassieres


Look at this beautiful lemon cake! I baked this for Nicole for night shift tonight! It's Nicole's last night on our floor before she trots off to ICU Stepdown. Somehow I doubt she will miss Renal/GI. One of the reasons that I love her is that I watched her on old 3West preceptor as a little baby RN and now she is all growed up and moving on....so this lovely lemon cake was going to get us through the night. It's a very heavy dense, almost like pound cake type cake, so tart. MMMMM. After you cook it, you make this lemon syrup and while the cake is warm, you poke holes into the cake, then drizzle this syrup into the holes.....so it's moist inside and so lemony! I topped it off with a very lemony buttercream all messy and classic. And then, this happened....



I put it on the table but not very carefully. And she fell down onto the floor. (insert sad face here) I picked her up the poor thing, she sure smelled good. Sorry Nicole...we'll still miss you.

To ward off my lemon sadness I decided to go to Zammy's as I heard they were having a sale. I needed new bras and have been putting it off. It has been on my mind though ever since mid season 2 of Mad Men...well ladies have you ever gone for a professional bra fitting???? Oprah wasn't kidding when she said 85% of all women are wearing the wrong sized bra! I won't tell you what size I wear now! I almost pee'd my pants laughing when the salesgirl told me....and of course my husband, well you know how men are...so simple minded! ;)

I spent alot of money....hopefully you get what you pay for. The fit is great, the girls look great...no longer resembling a loaf of bread in my shirt.


Thank you AMC/Mad Men for such a wonderful photo/ad of gorgeous ladies in bras. You inspired the draining of a bank account today! RIP Lemon Cake.
everything happens for a reason. love, ROCKETGIRL. xo

4 amazing people said...:

Rosie said...

OHHHHH....so sad...did the 5 second rule come into play?...{this post was a roller coaster of emotion} ...overjoyed at the unveiling of the yummy,yummy cake {I could taste the zippy flavor...mmmmm} then I morned your loss...I was cheering you on at Zammy's, until I heard you say you had to take out a second mortgage to buy a second house. But then you said "the girls were happy in there new home"... so, I am quite a mess... I think I'll just go to bed...Happy Sunday...and good night...Rosie

Dawn said...

Rosie! You are too funny!

Rosie said...

You have a very sweet little button...she still works well on my end...it would not be the same with out her...stay true...Rosie

A Nurse's Curses said...

I really do love lemon, and I really am sad that I missed out on that amazing looking cake. I'll miss working with you! But I'm still ordering my wedding cake from you, so I'll see you again.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com