Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So much to do...

and so little time. I know, I know, cliche, but true!

I have a million things I want to do! I have purchased all this furniture, some lovely old pieces, and they need some Rocketgirl love! Mr. Rocketgirl has even offered palm sander lessons, I've learned lots lately about paint & primer from Ms Cupcake, and listened to some lovely design advice on kitschy-ness & eclectic-ness from Rosie.

So where do I begin? I have side tables to do ( which might go to the boys, one for each, I don't love them anymore but they were such a steal), the hope chest, our headboard, Steve's vintage 1940's waterfall dresser and my turn of the century dresser & mirror. BUT, I really want to start on my desk...I've been spending lots of time at it!



and this is one of my inspiration pics...



I'm on the hunt for JUST the right shade of blue...LOVE the hardware. It's going in the spare room downstairs...which is already a soft yellow colour. However, it's going to get a quick re-paint, a bit brighter yellow. I picked up some lovely fabric today (FABRICLAND IS FINALLY OPEN! I'm proud to say that Ms C & I are members...lalala) in a cute blue print to make some window treatments...pics to come.

But alas, the work week starts tomorrow, ~crying little tears~ thankfully it's a short set...

everything happens for a reason. love love, ROCKETGIRL. xo

4 amazing people said...:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad you've learned nothing from me. not even how to make scones

Dawn said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I learned NOT what to put unsuspecting scone batter in tho....

Rosie said...

Morning Girlfriend,
There aren't any "emerald green" purses today...but maybe next Monday one or two might show up...how big? lots of compartments? hand held or over the shoulder?...tell me what you like and I will bring a few in for you to peek at...sending you a happy thought or two...Rosie

Dawn said...

oh yes my friend, i like them roomy & compartmenty & over the shouldery. i've been on the hunt for a nice emerald green or a patterened emerald....hope your day was lovely! i wish we were working with you at the store tomorrow instead of the hospital!
xo

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com