Thursday, April 15, 2010

you gotta wait a minute mr. postman!

It's here! My 1 of 3 long awaited Etsy purchases! My vintage Mele jewel box! It SMELLS like vintage goodness inside! It's a gorgeous robin's egg blue/lavender-ish colour inside, the velvet is in mint condition, pockets, little spots for rings & trinkets....you pop the latch and when you lift the lid the bottom drawer comes out! Oh heaven! And in true Etsy style, came beautifully wrapped with a lovely card! Here, take a peak!



Prior to the postman arriving, I was already having a good day, went to yoga, did my walking program, and made a card...nowhere near as good as my owl card, but handmade nonetheless. I did however get my Cuttlebug out to emboss the paper...some glue, some flowers, et voila! A card.



And now, it's naptime. Nightshift awaits. PS, if you prefer, you can call me GERI! ;)
everything happens for a reason. love, ROCKETGIRL. xo

6 amazing people said...:

Becky said...

Awesome card Geri...or Deri...
LOL! Will talk soon...love the jewel box-adorable! but where is that darn fabric!!! geesh!

Rosie said...

Hey you lucky girl...sweet little jewel box...great color!...and that card is crazy good...did you take a class? I tried the "card making"... Ya, decided it was probably better to leave this "cleverness" to others such as yourself...really very lovely ...time for me to scoot off to bed...sweet dreams Rosie

Anonymous said...

What a great card and look, you embossed some cardstock! Gorg!!!

Rosie said...

oh...so sorry I missed your visit...AGAIN!... am usually in the store on Thursday and Saturday... thanks for your sweet words...I am so ready, for warmer weather...hoping you have a restful weekend...Rosie

Rosie said...

hey girlfriend,
hope your having a relaxing weekend...I do have a bit of disturbing news...YOUR IT!
...you've just been tagged...pop over to my site for details...smile on Rosie

Rosie said...

Hey Sweet Girl, what are you up to? I NEED to know...If it's a whole lot of fun, please post ...Still Smiling Rosie

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com