Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer...it's finally here!

I am TOTALLY enjoying not bustling the boys off to school every day.  Oh the lounging! No more nagging to get showered, make beds, eat, gather backpacks...bliss!  And our hot weather has FINALLY arrived after literally MONTHS of waiting...

Speaking of school, I was digging through some old boxes the other day and came across a box of treasures. This book was gifted to me from my mother...from her mother, from her mother. Therefore, in case you are keeping track, from my Great Grandmother, who was a teacher in a one-room schoolhouse in Saskatchewan.


The book has a publish date of 1936. It's so ratty & darling! A total treasure!

1 amazing people said...:

Rosie said...

Oh my "what a treasure"...My Grandma was a teacher in little Wymark Saskatewan. My mom said that the community was small and in need of a nurse...so she took nursing too. She passed away when my mom was in gr 12...can't imagine how hard that would have been...
My mom is also a retired school teacher so I LOVE all these little pretties...have a lovely weekend...
love Rosie

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com