Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lest We Forget



So I sit here, just finished watching some ceremonies in Toronto...usually I watch the news, but I'm glad I caught it.

Normally, talk of war enrages me. Watching the ceremony fills me with sadness. The camera pans over the crowd, very elderly men, with impeccable haircuts, very decorated, so many medals, tears streaming down their faces. And at the same time in the corner of the screen, they were flashing photos of the Canadian soldiers who have died in Iraq. These photos were mostly of babies. Young men, young women.

I understand completely that we have what we have today thanks to the great men & women who fought wars before our time. But the only word that comes to mind when I see those young faces is senseless. Yet when I say senseless, I feel selfish.

I never ever ever want to be one of those mothers who has to grieve her son. Lost to war. RIP Private Chad Horn

0 amazing people said...:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com