Thursday, August 5, 2010

Matryoshka Pretties!

SHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of my freakin live long life, I have wanted, desired and longed for a full, proper and beautiful set of Russian Nesting Dolls. I'm not even kidding.
My whole life.
I would have settled for a perfect set of 6? 5? 4 even....

Ms. Cupcake & I were out thrift shopping on Thursday 
(...I'm sorry...I have to shreeeeeeeeeeeek again!)
and we found a glorious & beautiful Matryoshka!
She is blue & gold & perfect. With each doll, we found a new one inside!
Oh the giggles! I was OVER THE MOON!
6 perfect nesting dolls! My heart was racing & Ms. C laughed at me!

So I get home...and gingerly take each doll out...6...7...8...NINE!
Are you freakin kidding me????????? WAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And then Mason, who is now as enamored by them as I, says....
Mom, this one has a line around the middle.....
with much difficulty,
I opened the tiny 9th doll opened to reveal a 10th,
the most miniature matryoshka I have ever seen.

10 perfect nesting dolls. This set is SPOTLESS, chipless,
she looks virtually untouched.
I would have paid 30? 50 bucks for this? Oh yes.
But do you know what I paid?????

ONE DOLLAR!
(doing happy babushka dance!)  LOOK! LOOK!








Tell me, go ahead & tell me how beautiful they are!
No No, you don't have to! I already know!

Happy Friday Pretties to you all!
I hope you stop by and say hi to Joyce @ I Love Pretty Little Things
who hosts this lovely party each week!


12 amazing people said...:

Maria said...

Hi!
These are so adorable! love their little faces!
There's a whole store dedicated to nesting dolls in the town where my daughter, Amanda, lives. It's a big bright pink building and it's amazing inside!
*enjoy your weekend*
Maria

ps. okay... my word verification is knest !

Maria said...

ps. I love this kind of find... one dollar! Now that's a PRETTY good deal!
~Maria

Dawn said...

pps. KNEST??????? HILARIOUS!

Becky said...

love! how did we miss one???!!!! LOVE!

Rosie said...

Oh dear, how exciting...I love a little "deal of day dance"...yippee
These are sooo cute...and mama has eagle eyes!
So sorry I missed you in the shop...I had a wee little somethin' in the back room for you...but you have to tell the lovely lady at the counter that your Dawn and there is a bag in the back for you...please stop by soon {again....ahhh...I'm SO sorry}as there is a little summer reading for you.
I am gone for this weekend up to see my family...YIPPEE!
...missing you too...Rosie

PCovi said...

Ohhhh that IS a great set! Good things come to those who wait :)

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Oh My!!! This treasure takes the Pretty and Bargain of the Year prize! One Dollar? Those are the cutest, and yes, sweetest nesting dolls ever. Are they Russian?
ENJOY!!! And, thank you for playing in Friday Pretties every week. It is always a fun experience!
Joyce

Gloria said...

I am going to TELL YOU AGAIN!!! ....I know you said I didn't have to because you already know....but, can't help it! DAWN, THOSE NESTING DOLLS ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! :)

What a STEAL those were too!!! A buck!!! COME ON!!??? What a blessed girl you are!!! :) Doing a "happy dance" with you today!!

SOOOOO PRETTY!!! :)

Have a fun weekend!!
@}~`}~~~~ Gloria

birdie blue said...

It sounds like it was meant to be...those dolls were waiting for you.

Have the loveliest weekend
~Molly

KobysCache said...

Love, love, LOVE them!
(We're Polish and collect them as well - but never found 10!)

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Hello! Check out my blog today. I left you a little Blog Love over there!
Have a wonderful Monday,
Joyce

L&D said...

I have one of those too! So exciting.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com